If you`re looking to develop interests in the renewable sector this in-depth course is ideal. In Year 1 you will follow HNC Mechanical Engineering. This new course is designed to meet the varied needs of industry and commerce. On completion of the core elements here you will progress to Year 2. Year 2 follows the HND in Mechanical Engineering. The aim of this HND is to provide you with a solid foundation and practical skills in advanced theories of engineering systems. You will use the latest simulation and design software and will study a range of technical subjects from Thermofluids to Engineering Principles as well as further HN units that are the building blocks of the mechanical engineering discipline. This course will ensure you meet undergraduate degree requirements. At degree-level Year 3 & 4 you will study at Heriot-Watt or the University of Aberdeen. It is a dedicated course bringing together the subjects that are specific to mechanical engineers. You will study to a very high standard in mechanical engineering developing transferable skills and allowing you to develop skills you need to solve mechanical and manufacturing engineering problems - essential for your future engineering career.
- HNC Mechanical Engineering
- HND Mechanical Engineering
- BEng Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced theories of Engineering Systems Simulation
- Design Software
- Thermofluids Dynamics
- Statics and Strength of Materials
- Mathematics 3
- Safety Engineering
- Engineering Principles
How Course Is Assessed:
- Units are outcome by outcome Graded unit is an end examination
Number of Days per week:
- You should have two Highers (C or above) in Maths and Physics or another Science based discipline.
- NC in Engineering or Engineering Practice or NC in Multi Discipline Engineering
English Proficiency Requirements:
- Employment in the industry
- Further related studies at university
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...