This course will allow you to develop the skills and knowledge that you have gained during the Level 1 Certificate in Transport Maintenance (or equivalent) and use them to study the technical subjects in more depth.
The areas you will cover include fabrication skills, routine maintenance, engine mechanical systems, electrical operating systems, chassis systems, transmission systems and vehicle inspection among others.
The programme is delivered between the automotive workshops and classroom areas. All qualification evidence is compiled in the form of knowledge and skills assignments and is submitted into your ePortfolio to show knowledge and skills development. You will also sit on-line examinations as part of the underpinning knowledge requirements. Similarly to the Level 1 programme, Core Skills are an intrinsic part of this course, with studies in communication, numeracy, ICT and problem-solving/working with others.
The course will ensure you are well prepared for employment in the automotive industry, it also provides the opportunity to apply for the IMI Level 3 programme at SCQF 7.
Applicants with prior technical or knowledge experience may also be considered for direct entry into the Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair programme.
- Health and Safety
- Fabrication skills
- Engine components
- Electrical components
- Chassis components
- Transmission components
- Vehicle Inspection processes
How Course Is Assessed:
- Practical and online assessment
Number of Days per week:
- City & Guilds or IMI level 1 Diploma (light vehicle or heavy vehicle)
- National 5 in Maths, English and a Science or Technical subject
English Proficiency Requirements:
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Employment in the motor industry
- Employment in the motorsports industry
- Transfer into higher level engineering courses
Download our progression route map here
- You can progress onto our level 3 Light Vehicle Diploma
- Apply for apprentice positions
- Transfer onto our modern apprentice program.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...