This 18 week course will give you an insight into Engineering. If you are unsure which direction to take introduction to engineering will give you experience of both so as to allow you to decide. Delivered at National 5 level, the course covers both theoretical and practical subjects from both Electrical and Mechanical Engineering to give you an understanding of the core requirements of both disciplines. Participants will also study Maths and Communication at SCQF level 5.
There is also an opportunity to gain essential core skills that are aligned to progression and industry needs. After successful completion of the course candidates will be able to choose to specialise in either Electrical Engineering or Engineering Systems (NC Higher Electrical Engineering or NC Engineering Systems).
- Graphical Engineering
- Electrical Principles
- Electrical Testing Wiring Skills
- Installation of wiring systems
- Mechanical Engineering Principles
- Engineering Materials
- Applicants must have a minimum of a pass in National 4 Maths.
- An interest in Engineering is also essential.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Each unit is assessed and must have a minimum of a pass in order to receive the overall qualification.
Progression And Articulation Routes
You can progress onto:
Download our progression route map here
- Electrical Engineering NC
- Mechanical Engineering NC
- Apprenticeship routes are also possible
This can lead to an exciting career in the:
- Mechanical engineering industry
- Electrical engineering industry
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
3 days per week
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...