This course will show how safety and health can and should be treated as an integral part of a manager’s responsibilities.
The aims are:
- to give managers an understanding of why incidents involving injury or damage occur
- to give managers a basic understanding of risk assessment procedures and control and monitoring strategies
- to ensure managers appreciate the significance of attitudes to risk and of physical and psychological limitations in the causation of incidents leading to injuries or damage.
- Principles of accident prevention
- Common and statute law
- Health and safety management systems
- Practical risk assessment – techniques and control
- Workplace hazards such as fire electricity COSHH noise and work equipment
- Accident causation and investigation
- Audit and review.
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course is assessed by a project and a multiple choice assessment paper. A certificate is awarded when the course study is concluded and the assessments are completed satisfactorily.
Number of Days per week:
- 2 days a week over 2 weeks
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £440 Sighthill block-release (year 1) Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on... br >