This Defra-approved qualification from IMI Awarding provides automotive Mobile Air Conditioning (MAC) technicians with certification needed to meet the European Union F-Gas MAC regulations (Commission Regulation EC 842/2006 and the annex EC 307/2008).
Therefore achievement of Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigerant Handling qualification allows MAC technicians to legally recover F-Gas (fluorinated greenhouse gas) from air conditioning systems in motor cars and car derived vans.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills associated with the operation of air conditioning systems
- Gain an awareness of the environmental impact of fluorinated greenhouse gases
- Know the common procedures for recovering fluorinated greenhouse gases
- Be able to demonstrate how to handle a refrigerant cylinder
- Be able to connect and disconnect a recovery set to and from the service ports of a vehicle A/C system
- Be able to operate a recovery set appropriately.
Candidates are required to sit an online examination and carry out a practical skills assessment at the end of the course.
How Course Is Assessed:
- Candidates are required to sit an online examination and carry out a practical skills assessment at the end of the course.
Number of Days per week:
- This qualification is delivered over 2 consecutive days at our Midlothian campus
- Applicable to Automotive service and Repair Technicians
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £280 Midlothian part-time (year 1) Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
This course will start on…
This course will end on...