THIS COURSE IS FOR S4 & S5 PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL.
This School College Partnership (SCP) is aimed at students who prefer and respond to 'hands-on' learning. Therefore, we place emphasis on a practical approach to assessment and include many visual questioning techniques that will stimulate and interest learners. Subjects include workshop health & safety, car body panel fitting, car service, and safety inspections, brake pads and disc fitting, making a hand tool and car valeting. This qualification also includes Personal and Social Development (PSD) units such as vehicle manufacture and environment awareness, which support learners in their preparation for further study or work life.
- National 3 or 4 in Mathematics or English is desirable
- A keen interest in automotive
engineering and desire to learn about the repair trades is essential
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
The assessment is made up of two components which are set by the awarding body:
- The Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) set practical tasks with submissions to the IMI ePortfolio
- One IMI set online test
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions and participate in a selection process. You will be notified in advance of the details.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- On successful completion of this , applicants can apply for IMI Level 1 Certificate in Transport Maintenance (Light Vehicle)
- The skills and knowledge gained in the SCP may also interest application to National 4 or 5 Engineering Skills
On successful completion of this programme, applicants can apply for:
- 2 afternoons per week: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30pm - 4.00pm