This course will allow you to develop the necessary skills and knowledge for a career in automotive engineering. Working on commercial vehicles (lorries and vans), you will learn about a wide range of workshop operations and vehicle systems including health and safety, tools and equipment, business enterprise, engine operation, brakes, steering and suspension operation and electrical systems.
The programme is delivered between the automotive workshops and classroom areas. All qualification evidence is compiled in the form of knowledge and skills assignments and is submitted into your ePortfolio to show knowledge and skills development. You will also enhance your Core Skills, which can be applied to everyday life and future employment in areas such as communication, numeracy, ICT and problem-solving/working with others.
This qualification allows you to have the flexibility to develop knowledge and skills across a variety of specialist areas to prepare you for further studies and potentially enter into a job role you desire.
- Health and Safety
- Routine maintenance
- Vehicle technology
- Panel removal
- Inspection & repair of tyres
- Steering systems
- Suspension systems
- Problem Solving
- Working with Others
How Course Is Assessed:
- Practical Assessment and online exams
Number of Days per week:
- English, maths & a science at National 4 or above (Standard grade general level).
- You must have an interest in Automotive Engineering
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Bennetts mechanical comprehension test, no preparation required
- You will also have a brief chat with one of our teaching staff to assess your suitability for the course and discuss your different options.
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Employment in the motor industry
- Employment in motorsports
- Transfer into higher level engineering courses.
Download our progression route map here
- Progress onto our level 2 Light Vehicle Diploma
- Apply for apprentice positions and transfer onto our modern apprentice program
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >