The Foundation Apprenticeship in Scientific Technologies at Edinburgh College aims to give pupils in S5 and S6 the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge to work towards a career in the Life Science industries. The programme has been develop to allow young people the opportunity to study and experience college the world of work while still remaining at school. Upon successful completion of the Foundation Apprenticeship learners will achieve a Joint Qualification Certificate certificated by SQA leaners will receive certificates for competed National Qualifications (NC Applied Science) and SVQ 2 Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities.
- Laboratory Safety
- Fundamental Chemistry
- Health and safety Scientific or Technical Tests
- Prepare compounds and solutions for technical use
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- Part-time (afternoon) Tuesday and Thursday
- Candidates intending to leave school at the end of S6 who are working towards Higher Maths and Higher Chemistry.
English Proficiency Requirements:
- HNC Applied Science University (year1) Employment
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £ Sighthill part-time (year 1)Fee: £ Sighthill part-time (year 2)
This course will start week commencing...