THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
Engineering National 5 Skills will give you the broad practical skills base you’ll need in engineering manufacture systems and processes. You’ll develop the skills and knowledge necessary for basic engineering processes and maintenance working on a range of engineering systems including fitting using hand skills fabrication and welding engineering, manufacturing project design and more.
The course supports progression into other Engineering studies, training or employment. The course provides the basis for candidates to gain an insight into other engineering occupations such as mechanical, fabrication, automotive, aeronautical, electrical and electronic, marine and control and to use your studies to help you to decide the career that you wish to study.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required. Cost must be met by school.
Mechanical and Fabrication practical skills
Electrical and Electronic practical skills
Repair and Maintenance skills
Design and Manufacture skills
Skills and attitudes for employability plus and understanding of the workplace
- Fitting using hand skills
- Employability and essential core skills
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- No formal entry requirements.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Mechanical System and Maintenance Engineering
- Pre-Apprenticeship in Engineering disciplines
- Progression onto one of our Level 5 Engineering courses
- NC Access to Engineering or Engineering Systems
NC Mechanical Maintenance Engineering
- Progression onto an SVQ Level 2 course
- Modern Apprenticeship in Engineering