This course allows you to work towards an HNC in Engineering Systems with Renewables whilst still at school.
The Academy is a joint project with Edinburgh College and Edinburgh Napier University and provides an opportunity to build knowledge and practical skill alongside academic study. This along with two years of college to complete an HNC will provide direct access into the BEng Energy and Environmental Engineering course at Napier University.
- Materials Selection
- Principles of engineering Systems
- Engineering Communications
- Measurement and Monitoring Systems
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Safety Engineering Graded Unit 1
- Renewable energy Systems
- Applications of PLCs
- Placements are not applicable. There will be visits and seminars to attend during your studies
- Applicants should be working towards a minimum of 3 Highers (one of which will be science based and the remainder will include Maths and English). Highers must be achieved by the end of 6th year.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Further studies at University
- Progression to MEng.
- Energy generation systems
- Renewable systems and related fields of employment
- This will give the candidate an overview of Engineering Systems and will allow a choice to be either Mechanical, Electrical or Systems Engineering pathways.
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day