If you`re looking to develop your knowledge and skills of electrical and electronic engineering to a high standard, this course is ideal.
In Year 1 you’ll follow the HNC Electrical Engineering course. It’s designed to make sure you meet the varied needs of industry and commerce through your graded unit and Mathematics for Engineering - just what you need to prepare you for your second year.
Year 2 HND will provide you with a solid foundation and practical skills in advanced electrical concepts and theories. You’ll use the latest software and study technical subjects to give you a practical understanding of analogue digital electronics, MCU processing, embedded systems and electrical theory.
In Year 3 & 4 you’ll study at Edinburgh Napier University or Heriot-Watt University. In your degree-level studies you’ll develop your skills and knowledge even further, gaining practical knowledge through a large team-based project incorporating digital and software design mechanics and management. This will allow you to develop the high level of electrical and electronic engineering knowledge you for your career in this industry.
- Analogue Digital Electronics
- MCU Processing
- Embedded Systems
- Electrical Theory
- Energy Systems
- Analogue Electronics
- Physical Electronics
- Digital and Software Design
- Mechanics Management
How Course Is Assessed:
- Continuous assessment
- Graded unit in years 1 and 2
Number of Days per week:
- Two Highers in Physics, Maths and Technological subject
- A relevant NQ at Level 6 accompanied with a good academic reference recommending articulation to a higher level
- Industrial experience and/or other qualifications will also be considered
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Half hour entry test followed by one to one interview
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
An engineer in the electrical engineering field particularly
- renewable energy and other emerging technologies
- Universities including Edinburgh Napier University, Heriot-Watt University or the University of Aberdeen.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...