If you`re looking to develop your knowledge and skills of electrical and electronic engineering to a high standard, this course is ideal.
In Year 1 you’ll follow the HNC Electrical Engineering course. It’s designed to make sure you meet the varied needs of industry and commerce through your graded unit and Mathematics for Engineering - just what you need to prepare you for your second year.
Year 2 HND will provide you with a solid foundation and practical skills in advanced electrical concepts and theories. You’ll use the latest software and study technical subjects to give you a practical understanding of analogue digital electronics, MCU processing, embedded systems and electrical theory.
In Year 3 & 4 you’ll study at Edinburgh Napier University or Heriot-Watt University. In your degree-level studies, you’ll develop your skills and knowledge even further, gaining practical knowledge through a large team-based project incorporating digital and software design mechanics and management. This will allow you to develop a high level of electrical and electronic engineering knowledge you for your career in this industry.
- Analogue Digital Electronics
- MCU Processing
- Embedded Systems
- Electrical Theory
- Energy Systems
- Analogue Electronics
- Physical Electronics
- Digital and Software Design
- Mechanics Management
- Two Highers in Physics, Maths or Technological subject
- A relevant NQ at Level 6 accompanied with a good academic reference recommending articulation to a higher level
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Continuous assessment
- Graded unit in years 1 and 2
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Entry test followed by one to one interview
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- Universities including Edinburgh Napier University or Heriot-Watt University
An engineer in the electrical engineering field particularly
- renewable energy and other emerging technologies
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options