This course will allow you to develop the necessary skills and knowledge for a career in vehicle spray painting and body repair. Half of the year will be spent completing a Level 1 Certificate in Automotive Body repair whilst the other half is spent completing a Level 1 Certificate in Vehicle Spray Painting. You will study a fantastic range of subjects including vehicle body repair techniques, vehicle construction, systems, welding and fabrication, spray painting techniques, specialist tools and refinishing methods.
The majority of your program will be spent in our specialist workshops carrying out practical tasks this is backed up with theory classes to improve your underpinning knowledge of each subject. You will also study for 5 core skills modules over the year to ensure that you are ready for work in the automotive industry
- Body repair techniques
- Vehicle systems
- Vehicle construction
- Welding and fabrication skills
- Spray painting techniques
- Refinishing methods
- Specialist tools
How Course Is Assessed:
- Practical and Online Exams
Number of Days per week:
- National 4 Maths, English and one Science/Technical subject
- Apply for apprentice positions and transfer onto our modern apprentice program
- Employment in the automotive industry
- Employment in motorsports
- Transfer into higher level courses
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Bennetts mechanical comprehension test no preparation required.
- You will also have a brief chat with one of our teaching staff to assess your suitability for the course and discuss your different options.
Download our progression route map here
- On successful completion of the course, you will be considered for progression to IMI Level 2 Diploma in Accident Repair Body Principles or IMI Level 2 Diploma in Accident Repair Body Principles
- An alternative progression may be into IMI Level 1 Certificate in Transport Maintenance.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here