Access to English for Work and Training course
is for people who speak English as a second language and are living in the UK
on a permanent or long-term basis. This course is designed to help you improve
your English and confidence in order to go on to further training or enter
employment. You will develop your study skills as well as work in pairs or in
groups in the class. You will attend Edinburgh College for 17 hours a week for
36-weeks. You will work towards achieving the Scottish Qualifications Authority
(SQA) national certificates at Level 3 in ESOL and Core Skills and Edinburgh
College (EC) units.
English for Work & Training National 3 course information
- English Language: These lessons are designed to give
you practice in the skills in listening, speaking, reading and
writing in a communicative context. You will focus on grammar rules and
structures and being able to use these appropriately. You will buy a coursebook and workbook. There will also be materials available for you to use on
Moodle, the College Virtual Learning Environment.
- Work-Related Skills: Here you will focus on developing
your English to prepare you for future work and study in the UK. This will
include writing a CV and developing your presentation skills and
interview skills. ICT and numeracy skills will also be covered here.
- Life in the UK: Here you will share and develop your
knowledge of life in the UK. If you plan to apply for British Citizenship this
will help to prepare you for the test.
- Language level at ESOL level 2/3
- No formal qualifications required: assessment of language level, attitude, attendance and progress considered
English Proficiency Requirements
- Assessment of language level at ESOL level 2/3
How the course is assessed
- This is a bursary course, and you are expected to attend
100% of the course
- You will work towards the qualifications listed in the box
- In addition, you will be given tests regularly to check and
record your progress
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited for a test and interview where your language level and suitability for the course will be checked
Progression And Articulation Routes
- SQA National 4
- Intermediate 1 ESOL courses
Course Cost And Funding Options
Information about funding can be found here
PLEASE NOTE: All full-time courses will begin from the week beginning Monday 7 September. From 31 August students will be given an online induction to College and their course.
This course will end on...