This course is appropriate for you if you want to improve your use of English for entry to university or further study or to register as a doctor or nurse in the UK.
The course aims to help you improve by one IELTS band level over an academic year. The course will develop your reading writing listening speaking and independent study skills in an academic context. You will complete the SQA Higher ESOL qualification and preparation for the IELTS test as part of your course.
This course includes taught classes, directed self-study and personal tutorial time. This course is bursary funded so you will not have to pay course fees and may be eligible for other bursary funding. You will be expected to buy the course materials as specified by your tutor (approximately £45). The IELTS exam fee (approximately £135) is not included in the cost of the course. Please note these courses are for applicants whose first language is NOT English
- English skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking in an academic and general context
- Academic study and presentation skills
- Preparation for the IELTS exam
- SQA Higher ESOL (study context)
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course is internally and externally assessed through the completion of the ESOL Higher award and academic skills work
Number of Days per week:
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- SQA ESOL Intermediate 2/National 5
- Cambridge First Certificate at B or above
- Your language level will be assessed at interview
- You should have plans to study at university or to register with the General Medical Council
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- A place on the course is dependent on an interview and language level test
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Gain medical registration
- Further study at college or university
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...