This course is appropriate if you speak English as a second language and want to improve your English language skills for work or further training. Its ideal if you are living in the UK on a permanent or long-term basis. The course aims to develop your language skills and your confidence over 17 hours a week of taught classes, directed self-study and personal tutorial time.
The course aims to develop both your confidence and English language skills. Its an Upper-Intermediate Level course. In addition to ESOL, the course will focus on employability skills. You will have the opportunity to improve your IT and study for a Business and Tourism units at level 5. The course also includes preparation for work a 6-day work placement and careers guidance. This will prepare you for further studies and employment. This course is particularly suited to young learners aged 16 to 24.
This course is bursary funded so you will not have to pay course fees and may be eligible for other bursary funding. You will be expected to buy the course materials as specified by your tutor (approximately £45).ESOL for Employability NC Level 5 course information
- English language skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking
- You will develop your grammar at Upper-Intermediate level
- You will extend your general and work vocabulary
- You will study units in IT and Tourism
- You will organise an event
- You will develop skills in applying for work and going to interviews
- You will complete the SQA Work Experience unit (Level 4) which includes a work placement
- You will complete the SQA NC ESOL for Employability Level 5 award
- You will have a 6 day work placement in a field close to your chosen career.
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course is internally assessed.
Number of Days per week:
- Progress to mainstream college courses at NC or HNC NQ English Plus Higher
- Employment or training
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...