This Course is a stand-alone qualification that will enhance your theoretical and practical skill for anyone that has completed Professional Development Award Level 6 and SVQ level 3 in Paint and Decorating. This Professional Development Award Level 7 in Paint and Decorating is the third year of a four-year programme offered here as a stand-alone certificate.
Its ideal if you`re currently undertaking or have completed a Young Modern or Adult Apprenticeship. You`ll spend 10 weeks at college generally in one-week blocks five days a week to learn the advanced paint and decorating skills you`ll be able to put practical use on the job as a tradesperson.
You`ll spend the remainder of the year with your employer gaining essential industry experience or once you have completed your trade qualifications you can enrol onto this course even if you have been trading for a number of years and want to update your Continuous Professional Development (CPD) skills.
- Proper use of tools and equipment
- Papering complex surfaces
- Specialist decorative applications
- Applying metal leaf and powder
- Applying specialised wall coverings
- Colour and design and producing faux finishes
The practical element of the course accounts for roughly 75% and the remainder is taken up by classroom based tasks such as; theoretical for the units above, construction, drawing and communication skills. It is hoped that the course will enhance your chance of gaining progression with a construction company. Course content consist of individual units assessment is through continual assessment both in practical and theory. All Units within the course must be achieved in order to gain the full group award.
- This course is delivered at Granton Campus over 10 weeks at college generally in one-week blocks, five days a week
- The practical work will take place in the paint and decorating workshops the theory is delivered in general classrooms and computer rooms
- It is an advantage if you are completing your 3rd or 4th year of your apprenticeship or working with the trade this will help you enhance your practical and employability skills.
- Completed Professional Development Award Level 6 and SVQ Level 3 in Paint and Decorating
- In your 3rd or 4th year of your apprenticeship
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Assessment is through continual assessment both in practical and theory
- All Units within the course must be achieved in order to gain the full group award
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All students to apply online and must have permission from their employer to attend the course also if the employer is going to pay for the course fee’s or covered by yourself each application will go through the college selection process each application is looked at on its own merit.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- This advanced certificate Professional Development Award Level 7 in Paint and Decorating will improve your prospects of promotion within a company and also support your knowledge and practical skill
- If you wish to be self-employed once you have completed your apprenticeship and become a tradesperson or onto other further education.
- Gain progression in your preferred trade selection employment
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £868 Granton block-release (year 1)
There’s not much Jordan hasn’t accomplished as he embarks on his third year at Edinburgh College on the Painting and Decorating modern apprenticeship. Juggling long hours in the college workshops with an on-site apprenticeship at his dad’s painting and decorating firm, Jordan strongly believes that the course was the right path for him.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...