This Course is a stand-alone qualification that will enhance your theoretical and practical skill for anyone that has completed Professional Development Award Level 6 and SVQ level 3 in Carpentry and Joinery. This Professional Development Award Level 7 in Carpentry and Joinery is the third year of a four-year programme offered here as a stand-alone certificate. Its ideal if you`re currently undertaking or have completed a Young Modern or Adult Apprenticeship.
You'll spend 20 weeks at college generally in three-week blocks three days a week to learn the advanced carpentry and joinery skills you'll be able to put practical use on the job as a tradesperson. You'll spend the remainder of the year with your employer gaining essential industry experience or once you have completed your trade qualifications you can enrol onto this course even if you have been trading for a number of years and want to update your Continuous Professional Development (CPD) skills.
- Proper use of tools and equipment
- A number of practical based units such as; Complex Pitched Roof Construction, Complex Timber Stair Construction, High Class Finishing’s, Purpose Made Fitment Construction, Site Measuring and Setting Out Procedures and Specialist Doors
- The practical element of the course accounts for roughly 75% and the remainder is taken up by classroom based tasks such as; theoretical for the units above, construction, drawing and communication skills
- The course will enhance your chance of gaining progression with a construction company
- Course content consist of individual units assessment is through continual assessment both in practical and theory
- All Units within the course must be achieved in order to gain the full group award.
- This course is delivered at Granton Campus over 20 weeks at college generally in three-week blocks three days a week.
- The practical work will take place in the carpentry and joinery workshops the theory is delivered in general classrooms and computer rooms. It is an advantage if you are completing your 3rd or 4th year of your apprenticeship or working with the trade this will help you enhance your practical and employability skills.
- Completed Professional Development Award Level 6 and SVQ Level 3 in Carpentry and Joinery.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Assessment is through continual assessment both in practical and theory. All Units within the course must be achieved in order to gain the full group award.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All students to apply online and must have permission from their employer to attend the course also if the employer is going to pay for the course fee’s or covered by yourself each application will go through the college selection process each application is looked at on its own merit.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- This advanced certificate Professional Development Award Level 7 in Carpentry and Joinery will improve your prospects of promotion within a company and also support your knowledge and practical skill if you wish to be self-employed once you have completed your apprenticeship and become a tradesperson or onto other further education.
- Hopefully gain progression in your preferred trade selection employment or onto other further educational courses.
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £972 Granton block-release (year 1)
The success story blow is what most students on this course strive to achieve on completion of the Pre Apprentice Professional Development Award Level 6and7 in Carpentry and Joinery course in Carpentry and Joinery. Student’s success: - Apprenticeship award winning students competition winners student coming back to college to further their education after completing their apprenticeships. Achieving progression within their companies such as workshop manager or site managers becoming self-employed and running their own companies the having their own apprentices. Cary Smith Completed Adult and Professional Development Award Level 7 in Carpentry and Joinery (Advanced Craft C and J Certificate) Tradesperson. Q. What do you like about the courses and apprenticeship at Edinburgh College? “I have found the course amazing. The knowledge and skills learnt in college have allowed me to excel within the Carpentry and Joinery Trade. The course is well rounded and you learn all aspects of carpentry and joinery from on-site work to bench work. The Lecturers have a good understanding and knowledge of the course they assisted a lot with myself in achieving my goals to become a great joiner. Since attending this college and courses. I have been privileged enough to be invited to enter competitions on behalf of the college. This has helped a lot to deal with time management and troubleshooting not to mention gaining new skills. I am very happy with the course I would like to thank the Lectures and Support Staff of the Edinburgh College for assisting me in becoming a Fully Qualified Joiner.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...