It is a hands-on course with a strong focus on employability. This is strengthened by our fantastic links with Edinburgh based digital companies who will offer you expert advice, guidance and placement opportunities.
This course offers you an up-to-date award that reflects recent developments within the Web Design and Development sector. Each subject area you cover is tailored towards actual jobs available in the industry to make sure you get the very best grounding for employment.
You will develop a mastery of the latest software packages from industry leaders such as Adobe as well as learning about dynamic website development, learning PHP, MYSQL, mobile technologies, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and multiplatform web app development, which are all essential for your successful career.
This course will ensure you are well prepared for employment, self-employment or University studies in Web Development and Digital Media.
The course leads to 3rd year entry of BSc Web Development at Edinburgh Napier University
Please note: The 2nd year of your course may be taught at a different campus to your 1st year.
- Web Video
- Adobe Graphics Software
- Dynamic Website Development
- Web app development
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Content Management System (CMS)
- UI/UX Design
- There may be opportunities for placements
How Course Is Assessed:
- Mostly practical with some multiple choice tests and 1 exam
Number of Days per week:
- Three C passes at Higher - one must be in English or Communications.
- An SCQF Level 6 pass in a relevant subject such as Digital Media or computing
- Adults and those that are not just leaving school are welcomed and will need to sit a screening activity to assess your current knowledge level.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- At interview you may be asked to attend a screening exercise to assess your skills and there will be course information provided by a lecturer from the course
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Employment in the interactive media or web development industry
- Progression to the second or third year of various university degree courses, for example, Year 3 of BSc in Web Development Edinburgh Napier University
- Self-employment as a web designer/developer
Download our progression route map here
- After 1st year you can progress to 2nd Year HND Web Development (Milton Road Campus)
- After the 2nd year you can progress to 3rd Year BSc Web Development at Napier University
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...