This two year course will equip you with a comprehensive range of computing and software development skills which are highly valued by the software industry. You will cover a diverse selection of software development areas. You will be well-prepared for further studies upon completion of this course qualifying you to progress to university in Year 2 or 3 depending on your course choice. We partner with Heriot Watt and Napier University to offer 3rd year entry to applicable courses. It is, therefore, the ideal path if you`re looking to develop a career in software engineering.
- Software Development
- Project Management for IT
- SQL and Databases
- Computer Systems Fundamentals
- Troubleshooting Software Problems
- Team Working in Computing
- Software Development: Systems Foundations
- Systems Development: Introduction
- Professionalism and Ethics in Computing
- Software Development: Data Structures
- Software Development: Object Oriented Programming
- Systems Development: Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Software Development: Programming Paradigms
- Systems Development: Testing Software
- Systems Development: User Centred Design
- Mathematics, calculus and Matrices
- Advanced Web Scripting Concepts
- Developing Mobile Web Based Applications
- 3 Highers at C pass including Maths, and we find Computing, or a Science subject preferable.
- An SCQF level 6 Computing qualification
- Adults and those that are not just leaving school are welcomed and will need to sit a screening activity to assess your current knowledge level.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Mostly practical assessments but with some written assignments and multiple choice tests
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- At interview, you will be asked to take part in a Skills and Experience screening exercise this will be on a computer.
- You should also bring along your certificates
- Further course information will be provided by a lecturer on the course as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Progress to the second or third year of various university degree courses after completing year 2 at college.
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options