The ECDL qualification is the international benchmark for ICT users and is highly regarded by employers. It is a formal qualification which provides learners with digital literacy skills and improves productivity and efficiency in ICT. The qualification is modular and delivered at 3 levels.
All the ECDL open learning courses are eligible for ITA (SDS Individual Training Accounts) funding.
This is up to £200 towards the cost of a course and is means tested.
Designed to develop your skills and knowledge in the use of more advanced operations associated with each application. Please note that although there are five Advanced ECDL Modules these are completed independently of each other.
- Word Processing
- Minimum of ECDL - extra or equivalent. You will need to have very competent IT/ computer use skills
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- online assessment mostly practical with some theory
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- A variety of digital based college courses in the areas of computing and Business at SCQF level 6
- You may need to have other qualifications or experience to complement this certificate depending on your chosen course
- Highly sought after qualification by most businesses and enhances any current employment.
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £115 Open Learning (year 1)
- Previous students who have taken this alongside having English as a second language have gone on to work in organisations such as Scottish Widows, Standard life and RBS.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...