This course covers Website Design and development Software Development, Computer Hardware and Systems as well as Networking and Applications Development. This course covers a range of areas within computing with a view to preparing you for progression to Software Development, Web, Digital Design, Networking and Cyber Security.
- Information Literacy
- Social Media Literacy
- Network Literacy
- Computing: Applications Development
- Computing: Computer Hardware and Systems
- Computing: Digital Media Elements for Applications
- Computing: Project
- Mathematics for Interactive Computing
- PC Passport: IT Software -Word Processing and Presenting Information
- Computing: Website Design and Development
- Computing: Computer Networking Fundamentals
How Course Is Assessed:
- Through practical assessments and some multiple choice tests
Number of Days per week:
- 4 National 4, C grade passes or equivalent, preferably including Computing and maths.
- You will need to have the equivalent of national 4 level mathematics, if you don't have this formal qualification, this can be assessed from the screening activity at interview.
- Adults and those that are not just leaving school are welcomed and will need to sit a screening activity to assess your current knowledge level.
- Progression from successful completion of a relevant Edinburgh College course
- You must attend a course meeting to help us provide you with the right course
- For applicants who have English as a second language please select Sighthill campus so we can provide ESOL support.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- At the interview, you will be asked to take part in a Skills and Experience screening exercise this will be on a computer.
- You should also bring along your certificates
- further course information will be provided by a lecturer on the course as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions.
Download our progression route map here
- NPA Cybersecurity, Networking and Forensics
- NPA Software development and Web
- NPA Software development and Digital Design
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...