Begin your studies in digital media, audio production and video.
This is a short course, ideal for those needing to get up to speed quickly for higher level courses.
NPA Digital Media Basics - Computing is a fast track, one semester course covering the majority of skills required to study other computing courses at Edinburgh College. It is specifically designed to help those that need to brush up on particular computing skills. You will be introduced to a variety of digital software and applications. The course covers photo capture and editing, video capture and editing as well as audio production and editing. It covers the basics of using Microsoft packages such as Excel and Access as well as basic file storage and management and programming for a game.
Following this course you will study a semester 2 course at a level above, getting you up to speed to join other courses such as NPA Cyber security, Networking and Forensics, or NPA software Development and Web in just one year. The two courses together include a gentle introduction to the maths required to study computing at higher levels.
- Digital still acquisition and editing
- Video Acquisition and editing
- Audio Acquisition and editing
- Information literacy
How Course Is Assessed:
- All the work is assessed through practice with some multiple choice tests.
Number of Days per week:
- 3 days. The course is 14 hours and could be distributed in any way across the week but we aim to timetable as efficiently as possible.
- We would look for 3 National 4 passes.
- Adults and those that are not just leaving school are welcomed and will need to sit a screening activity to assess your current knowledge level.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- At the interview, you will be asked to take part in a Skills and Experience screening exercise this will be on a computer.
- You should also bring along your certificates
- Further course information will be provided by a lecturer on the course as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions.
Download our progression route map here
- NPA Internet Technology
- CISCO Internet of Things
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...