Begin your studies in digital media, audio production and video.
NPA Digital Media Basics - Computing is a fast track, one semester course covering the majority of skills required to study other computing courses at Edinburgh College. It is specifically designed to help those that need to brush up on particular computing skills. You will be introduced to a variety of digital software and applications. The course covers photo capture and editing, video capture and editing as well as audio production and editing. It covers the basics of using Microsoft packages such as Excel and Access as well as basic file storage and management.
Following this course you will study a semester 2 course at level 5, getting you up to speed to join other courses such as NPA Internet Technology or Digital Media Computing in just one year.
- Digital still acquisition and editing
- Video Acquisition and editing
- Audio Acquisition and editing
- Information literacy
How Course Is Assessed:
- All the work is assessed through practice with some multiple choice tests.
Number of Days per week:
- 3 days. The course is 14 hours and could be distributed in any way across the week but we aim to timetable as efficiently as possible.
- We would look for two National 4 passes or if you are a mature student we would assess eligibility through interview
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- A screening is given at interview
Progression RoutesDownload our progression route map here
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >