This course has been designed to introduce you to the core concepts, knowledge and skills required for entering the industry or further study in the specialist area of Networking and Cyber Security.
You will learn about a wide variety of essential subject areas including computer Networking, computer system architecture, ethical hacking, Digital Forensics, Data security and Linux.
The course makes use of the CISCO Network essentials course and a certificate can be gained in addition to the main course for that.
You will be well-prepared for entry-level opportunities in technical support, or to progress your studies on to HNC or HND Level.
- CISCO Network Essentials
- PC Passport: Working with IT Software - Spreadsheet and Database
- Introduction to Linux
- Computing: Plan and Build a Computer Network
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Computing Project
- Introduction to Python
- Computing: Network Management and Security
- Data Security
- Ethical Hacking
- Digital Forensics
- 6 National 5 C passes or equivalent, a C pass in national 5 maths.
- Adults and those that are not just leaving school are welcomed and will need to sit a screening activity to assess your current knowledge level.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- A mixture of practical assessments/assignments and multiple choice tests.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- At the interview, you will be asked to take part in a Skills and Experience screening exercise this will be on a computer.
- You should also bring along your certificates
- Further course information will be provided by a lecturer on the course as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- HND Computing: Software Development
- HNC Computing
- HND Computer Networking
- HND Computer Science
- HNC Cyber Security
- Employment at entry-level in Desktop Technical Support.
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options