The HNC Computing award is designed to offer you academic and technician training so you will have the skills necessary to design, implement and support IT systems in a vast range of industries. You will develop a range of up to date vocational skills relating to the use and support of IT systems and networking technology.
In this first year course, you will follow the HNC Computing programme. You will then choose from two specialist streams of Networking and Computer Science if you wish to continue your studies to HND level for a second year. This gives you the freedom to shape your own studies according to your own aspirations in your future career or studies.
The course includes units such as Introduction to Developing Software, Computer Systems Fundamentals, Troubleshooting Computer Problems, Team Working in Computing and Networking technology (which is semester 1 of the highly sought after CISCO Certified Network Associate certificate).
- Introduction to Developing Software
- Professionalism and Ethics in Computing
- Computer Systems Fundamentals
- Troubleshooting Computer Problems
- Team Working in Computing
- PC Hardware and Operating System Essentials
- Client Operating Systems
- Networking Technology
- Building Local Area Networks
- Security Concepts
- 2 Highers at C pass to include Computing, Maths or a Science
- Adult learners with relevant employment/life experience/skills will be considered for entry to this course
- You must attend a course information meeting to help us provide you with the right course
English Proficiency Requirements:
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here