On this course, you will be studying the important areas of networking and security. The course will look at the specialist areas of computer forensics, Ethical Hacking and Networking.
Computer Networking with Security and Forensics is one of the fastest developing branches of the new technologies industries. There is a huge demand in the industry for network professionals with salaries between £30000 and £50000+
You will develop an essential understanding of Networking for Home and Networking for Small Business, or ISP introducing routing and switching in the enterprise, and designing and supporting computer networks.
You may have to study your 2nd year at a different campus depending on availability of places. This is the perfect course to prepare you for further studies in computer systems and networks at Degree level
- Computer Networking technologies
- Basic software development
- Computer hardware and software installation fundamentals
- Private Cloud Virtualisation
- Server Administration
- Ethical Hacking
- 3 Highers at C pass to include Maths, Computing or a Science
- Adult learners and those not just leavening school are welcomed and will need to sit a screening activity to assess your current knowledge level.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Mostly practical assessments with some multiple choice tests and written assignments
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- At interview you will be asked to take part in a Skills and Experience screening exercise this will be on a computer.
- You should also bring along your certificates
- Further course information will be provided by a lecturer on the course as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Enter the 2nd or 3rd year of general Computing degrees such as Year 3 of BSc (Hons) Computer Systems and Networks at Edinburgh Napier University
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options