This course covers everything you need to know and all the fundamental skills you need to develop computer games. This course is aimed at those who wish to learn the coding and technology behind games as well as an appreciation of the design graphics and interface elements and gameplay.
The UK and Scotland, in particular, has built up a strong computer games industry and is seen as a global leader in the sector. The industry is a major contributor to the UK economy with over £2 billion worldwide sales. The industry needs maths and software development alongside animation and design skills and they are looking for job-ready graduates with specialist skills and a good understanding of the production processes, games software (animation and programming) as well as the soft skills needed to succeed in the industry.
This course covers everything you need to prepare you to study Computer Games Development at HND or University Level. Note this course incorporates Higher Maths which is required for progression to HND or University level study and so doesn`t need to be taken as a supplementary subject.
- Software Development
- About the Computer Games Industry
- Artificial Intelligence
- Interface Design
- Mobile Game Development
How Course Is Assessed:
- Mostly project based
- Some Multiple choice tests
- Maths is a Higher Exam
Number of Days per week:
- 6 National 5 at C pass with Maths at B level or equivalent, preferably one higher in a numerate subject or computing
- Adult learners with relevant employment/life experience/skills will be considered for entry to this course
- You must attend a course information meeting to help us provide you with the right course
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- At the interview, you will be asked to take part in a Skills and Experience Screening exercise this may be on a computer or on paper. You should also bring along your certificates course information will be provided by a lecturer on the course
Download our progression route map here
- With a B in Higher maths and a good portfolio from this course, you can progress to HND Games Development or University.
- With a pass in this course, you can also progress to HND Digital Design and Development, HND Software Development, HND Computer Science or HND Web Development.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...