If you are an IT professional looking to design, implement and support small to medium-sized networks, this course is designed for you. The training programme is ideal if you are entering the IT industry or seeking a career change. It might be that you are an experienced IT professional who supports other network operating systems and you now intend to support Cisco products.
The course is also valuable if you are a support professional wishing to update your skills or a senior support professional responsible for the planning, design, implementation, maintenance or management of a network infrastructure and require an understanding of how to incorporate Cisco products into your networks.
The first part of the course will introduce you to the basics of networking. In the second part, you will develop the foundation skills of Unit 1 to build simple routed LANs, and you will be introduced to more advanced routeing concepts. In the third part of the course, you will consider advanced networking and switching concepts. This completes the LAN and Switched LAN element of the programme. In the final part of the course, you will concentrate on WAN design and implementation.
You will learn all these valuable network skills in one of the best equipped Cisco labs in Scotland, with a benefit of weekly classes rather than a fast-paced, intensive course.
At the end of the Cisco Network Academy course, you will be ready to sit your CCNA exam and with a really wide set of essential up-to-date network skills for work.
- Configure and operate LAN WAN and dial access services for small networks (100 nodes or fewer)
- Apply common network protocols such as IP IGRP, Serial PPP, Frame Relay, OSPF and EIGRP
- Configure switched networks incorporating VLANs and trunk links
- Monitor network performance using specialist software
- Troubleshoot ethernet networks
- Implement secure networks through IP access list
- Build common network cables
Number of Days per week:
- 2 Highers 1 must be Computing, Maths or a Science subject or equivalent
English Proficiency Requirements:
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Apply your knowledge of networks in your existing role
- Employment in a variety of roles requiring a knowledge of computer networks
Download our progression route map here
- Industry recognised qualification
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £1202 Sighthill evening (year 1) Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
This course will start on…
This course will end on...