More and more devices are becoming network and internet-connected, the transfer and use of data to inform and shape our lives are growing exponentially, transforming and shaping the way we live our lives, conduct business, solve problems and inform decisions.
CISCO, one of the worlds largest tech organisations and world leader in networking technologies have developed this course to help ready people for the growth in IoT that is coming. The course introduces you to the fundamentals of networking, a variety of connected devices such as Raspberry PI, security implications, big data, automation and computing programming. the course includes an opportunity to work on your own IoT project using the technologies and techniques that you learn.
You will cover the CISCO Internet of Things syllabus including:
- Big Data
- Programming to support IoT
- Your own IoT Project and prototyping
- Security in a digitized world
- Software Development (Python)
- Computer Networking essentials
- A national 5 qualification in computing, engineering or science
- If don't have formal qualifications or your qualifications are different from above then we can screen you for your knowledge prior to the course.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Practical work, some multiple-choice tests
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to sit a screening activity, which covers some problem-solving questions, numeracy questions, communications and some computing knowledge. We use the same screening for all courses in computing and it helps us identify strengths and weaknesses ahead of offering you a course.
- You will also be invited for an interview to give you an opportunity to hear about the course, meet the lecturer and ask questions.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...