The Edinburgh College Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) course offers a hands-on practical environment learning to manage a small enterprise branch network. Our facilities are ideal for gaining experience and confidence using high-end industry standard equipment.
The skills learned on the course are needed for entry-level Network support engineer positions. The course uses up to date CISCO equipment similar to that used by businesses globally. Study materials include the online Cisco Academy course which covers the curriculum for the 100-105 ICND1 Exam. At the end of the course participants should be ready to sit the ICND1 exam and so gain CCENT certification.*
The course allows a nice progression towards studying the Cisco Certified Network Associate course which Edinburgh College also offers as a hands-on evening course option. Both courses make ideal CPD for businesses looking to give existing staff these vital 21st century skills to keep your business running smoothly and safely.
You will be eligible to apply for an ICND1 voucher. (Requirement is to have 75% pass on the semester 2 final exam during the first attempt)
* Please note that the ICND1 exam needs to be taken as a separate exam from the College course and the cost is not included in the course.
- Network Fundamentals
- LAN Switching Fundamentals
- Routing Fundamentals
- Basic security and wireless concepts
- Configuring and testing simple networks
How Course Is Assessed:
- Through Practical labs and online practice tests
Number of Days per week:
- 1 Evening per week, but also you will need to dedicate time to reading materials outside of class
- A good general educational background, including standard grade or national 5 or equivalent, in a numerate subject, and a basic grounding in the use of PCs and the Internet.
English Proficiency Requirements:
- Minimum IELTS 5.5, we recommend a higher level as there is significant technical language on the course.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be invited to an interview, this is an opportunity to meet the lecturer, hear about the course and ask questions. This can be conducted over the phone or in person.
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- This course is ideal CPD for those needing Networking skills for the work place.
Download our progression route map here
- CISCO CCNA (Certified Network Associate) - offered at Edinburgh college as a follow on Evening course.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £1172 Sighthill evening (year 1) Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
This course will start on…
This course will end on...