The Preparation Course for the Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) Level A2 is a 15-week online course beginning in early August and February of each semester designed to improve your general knowledge of Spanish language while preparing for the DELE examination taking place in May and November at level A2.
The DELE diplomas are official qualifications granted by the Instituto Cervantes of Spain certifying the degree of competence and mastery of Spanish. The DELE examinations follow the guidelines and levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) which ensures international recognition of the level of language learning reached.
Designed to improve your general knowledge of the Spanish language while preparing for the DELE examination at level A2. In the DELE Preparation Course, you will learn the necessary skills to complete the different tasks you will find in the DELE examination you want to achieve covering the four skills of reading, listening, writing and speaking.
- Reading: You will learn how to recognise and understand a variety of different texts and practice various exam-focused skills
- Listening: You will learn how to listen and understand in a variety of different situations such as announcements formal lectures and radio programmes as well as formal and informal discussions and conversations
- Writing: You will learn the practical skills needed to write specific letters and compositions using appropriate language and how to structure a cohesive and coherent piece of writing
- Speaking: You will learn how to give personal and general information to introduce a topic or express and discuss your opinions. You will practice regularly with a native speaker on-line who will advise you about using grammar and vocabulary to improve pronunciation and develop strategies to successfully achieve the speaking tasks of the examination
How Course Is Assessed:
- DELE exam in May or November
- The Diplomas in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) are official qualifications granted by the Instituto Cervantes on behalf of the Ministry of Education Culture and Sport of Spain, certifying the degree of competence and mastery of Spanish
- The DELE examinations follow the guidelines and levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) which ensures international recognition of the level of language learning reached
- Edinburgh College is an examination centre of the DELE diplomas in Scotland with two examination sessions a year in May and November covering all levels of the CEFR. Students enrolled in the course and sitting any of the DELE examinations at Edinburgh College in May or November will receive a 20% discount of the examination fee (not included in the course fee)
- For examination prices contact the course tutor or visit: http://diplomas.cervantes.es/en
Number of Days per week:
English Proficiency Requirements:
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Language career options or working abroad
- Preparing other DELE examination levels or SQA qualifications in Modern Languages
- Further study in languages and related areas employment and/or training.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £210 Open Learning (year 1) Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...