This course is suitable if you are working in a playwork setting or senior role.
The course covers the key areas of leading a team in a setting that offers self-directed, freely chosen play opportunities. This could be in an out of school care club, a playgroup or a school holiday provision. The focus is on child-led play that enables children to develop and learn through following her own ideas and interests.
This is a work based qualification and you will be assessed by a portfolio of evidence measured against national standards of competency. As much of the evidence for the portfolio is generated in the workplace you will be assigned an individual assessor who will observe your work practice and support you throughout your qualification.
The course will take place over 2 academic years and will include a range of different learning opportunities including attending monthly classes in college, tutorial sessions with assessors and online learning and research.
This course can be used as a progression route to the PDA Childhood Practice at SCQF 9 for anyone working towards qualification as a manager/lead practitioner.
- Current playwork theory including loose parts, play types and play cycle
- Leadership and management in a playwork setting
- Operational planning for your organisation
- Reviewing and developing policies and procedures
- Reflecting on and developing your own practice
- Supporting colleagues and effective teamwork
- As you are already in employment there is no placement aspect of this course
- SVQ level 3 in Playwork or Social Services Children and Young People, HNC Early Education and Childcare or equivalent
- You must be working within a playwork or childcare setting in a supervisory role
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- The course is assessed holistically by reflective accounts, observations, tasks and questions
- You will be assigned an assessor who will visit your workplace to undertake observations of your practice
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to attend a group interview
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- PDA Childhood Practice at SCQF 9
- BA Childhood Practice
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
- One 2 hour class per month. Morning or evening
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £969 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...