Classes for PDA Childhood Practice will commence in April 2020.
This Professional Development Award (PDA) at SCQF 9 is a recognised qualification if you are a lead practitioner or manager of childcare and playwork settings. For those with qualifications in social work, community education and nursing - we can offer the 60 credits required by the SSSC for registration. The PDA begins with a short course in academic writing, with teaching for the PDA commencing in March.
The qualification is equivalent to an ordinary degree. You may be able to access funding for course fees from your local authority childcare partnership or receive a proportion from the SAAS Part-time fee grant. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions.
Not sure if this course is right for you? Find out more about the options that are available this year at Edinburgh College.
If you are resident in Fife and are interested in studying on an outreach basis with Edinburgh College, please contact Jackie Vural to register your interest through the email address above.
- You will study topics which are grounded in work-based learning and aim to balance professional knowledge and understanding with practical skills and abilities
- You will work on two practice units, one within your current workplace and one on placement in another area of childhood practice giving you even more valuable practical experience
- You will also have the opportunity to explore a particular area of interest in the Independent Study unit allowing you to shape your own learning according to your interests and future plans
- You must have 240 credits at SCQF level 7and 8 in relevant subjects to gain entry to this course
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- The course will take place over 2 academic years and will include a range of different learning opportunities and tutorial sessions online learning research discussion groups; all with full support from our experienced staff team.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Register with the SSSC at lead practitioner / manager level
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
After studying Music at university, Childhood Practice PDA SCQF Level 9 student Gavin explored a range of different careers before finding his calling in childcare and early learning. He told us why a career in childcare is so rewarding:
“I work as a centre manager at Midlothian Sure Start, a voluntary organisation with charitable status, which aims to give young children from pre-birth to 11 years the best possible start in life. I’m studying Childhood Practice PDA Level 9 as part of my professional development and I’m learning skills which will enable me to help shape children’s futures. Read more: https://goo.gl/N1AgTM