THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
Accountants help individuals and organisations to keep track of their money find new ways to grow their business and increase profitability. The Foundation Apprenticeship in Accountancy is a great way to get hands-on experience in this fast-paced dynamic industry.
You will have the unique chance to develop skills and knowledge across a range of accountancy topics at college alongside a valuable work placement with an employer. It’s an opportunity to gain an industry recognised qualification and try out a career while you are still at school.
The Foundation Apprenticeship in Accountancy is a 2-year course which is open to pupils entering 5th year. You must have the ability to study at SCQF level 6 (Higher equivalent) in a vocational setting and meet the entry requirements of the course. Attainment will be measured by ongoing assessment in college and throughout an employer work placement.
- Prepare Management Accounting Information
- Prepare Financial Accounting Information
- Analysing Accounting Information
- Recording Data in Ledger
- Professional Values for Accountancy
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Indirect Tax
- Work placement in year 2 of qualification
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- 2 Afternoons year 1
- 1Day year 2
- Achieved or working towards National 5 - preferably in English and Maths A good level of written and spoken English A good level of Numeracy skills An interest in a career in Accountancy
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- If your application is approved you will be invited for an interview at the college
- Gain accelerated entry onto the level 3 Modern Apprenticeship in Accounting Go on to study at college or university Go straight into a job with an accountancy employer or in a related industry such as business and finance