The Unvented Hot Water course will make sure you are able to install, commission and service unvented hot water systems in compliance with current legislation.
After your training, you will be evaluated with some knowledge questions and a practical assessment. The assessment is designed to test your competence in hot water systems.
The course includes training and assessment in the following:
- Installation and safety
- Regulations, standards and guidelines
- Theory of hot water expansion
- Principles of hot water storage
- Design considerations
- Components and function
- Safety controls, discharge and integration
- Maintenance and servicing
- You must have passed the CCN1 Domestic Gas qualification to apply for Unvented Hot Water
- You are required to have a basic understanding of gas safety and equipment you get from the CCN1 programme
- Experience in plumbing and gas trades is beneficial along with understanding of plumbing and heating equipment
English Proficiency Requirements:
- Once qualified you are required to renew your specialist gas courses every five years (along with your basic CCN1) so you have the knowledge on the latest gas safety practises and equipment
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £100 Granton part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...