The course will develop your knowledge and understanding of subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
SWAP (Scottish Wider Access Programme) courses are designed if you have few or no formal qualifications and have been out of full-time education for at least 3 years (5 years if studied Highers or a Higher National course or similar level).
SWAP Access courses provide you with an alternative route into higher education and are designed to give you intensive academic preparation as well as the opportunity to develop the skills and confidence you need for entry into higher education through recognised progression routes at Colleges or Universities in Scotland.
For more information on SWAP courses please go to Scottish Wider Access
You will cover a range of National 5 and Higher subjects such as
- Information Technology
- As well as undertaking Preparation for Higher Education.
- This Access programme is NOT intended for recent school leavers. You must have been out of full-time education for 3 years or more and have no/few formal qualifications.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Ongoing assessment (theory and practical based)
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Entry by informal interview and a short entry exam
- All candidates are interviewed to ensure that the appropriate course is chosen and that the applicant can cope with the amount of work involved.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- A large range of degree courses offered by the universities in East and Central Scotland including:
- Edinburgh University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Queen Margaret University
- University of Dundee
- Abertay University
- University of St Andrews
- University of the Highlands and Islands
- University of Aberdeen
- For Physical Science students this course can lead on to a range of Maths, Engineering, Physics and Physical Science degree options at university
- Successful students have access to over 100 degree programmes including Physics, Civil Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and more
Course Cost And Funding Options
Many of our students have gone on to positive destinations studying various physics degrees, and Chemical Engineering at Edinburgh University.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...