Introduction to Science is a full-time course taught at Edinburgh College’s Sighthill campus. This course is designed to prepare you for further study in Science related subjects. On this exciting introductory course, you will discover why Science could be the right career path for you. You will study a variety of topics across a range of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects.
Our Science department offers you the opportunity to study in purpose-built laboratories. These will support the development of your general and specialist practical skills whilst enhancing your theoretical understanding of science. Upon completion of this course, all students will receive a National Progression Award (NPA) in Science and Technology.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on each unit
- All units within the course must be achieved in order to gain the full award
- You will be tested on your theoretical and practical skills
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- Applied Science NC Level 5 available to study at Edinburgh College
- Other SCQF Level 5 courses in alternative subject areas
- Careers options within STEM industries and in STEM-related areas are increasing with employers often requesting STEM skills as an entry requirement. This means that a broad range of opportunities are opened to you by studying and progressing through STEM courses.
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...