We offer this course as a day release and a full-time programme of study.
The full-time programme is a one year course attending college approximately 3 days per week.
The two-year day release programme of study will require you to attend college one day per week over two academic years while employed within the construction industry.
If you’re looking to pursue a career as a construction manager this course is designed for you. You’ll study a whole range of vital industry areas from site surveying to estimating and construction planning. You’ll also gain a key understanding of standard building contracts and will learn about the very latest construction technologies.
- Building Services in Large Buildings
- Construction Materials and Specifications
- Construction Site Surveying A
- Construction Technology: Substructure
- Construction Technology: Industrial/Commercial
- Site Administration
- Standard Forms of Construction Contracts
- Health and Safety in Construction
- Construction Management: Graded Unit 1
- CAD 2D I
- Building Measurement and Cost Studies
- Construction Planning
- Two passes at Higher level (A-C)
- If you’re a mature applicant you’ll be considered on an individual basis
For day release:-
- Ideally, you should be employed as a technician within a related discipline
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Continuous assessment throughout the course
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You may be invited to an interview
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Progression to university may be available
- Employment as a construction manager or technician
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Full time = 3 days (approx.) per week
Day release = 1 day per week
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £629 Granton part-time (year 2)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...