This course covers the entirety of the 17th Edition in Electrical Installation including the addition of the 2382-15 3rd amendment which replaces the old 2382-12. It ensures that you are update-to-date with the latest industry regulations on wiring and the safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. These are nationally recognised by the British Standards Institute as a British Standard (BS7671) and are mandatory if you are a practising electrician. This qualification is ideal for those looking to progress in their career, opening opportunities whtin the Electrotechnical Industry, helping to develop the skills necessary to carry out job roles and responsibilities.
During the course you will learn the following:
- Health and safety
- Inspecting electrical installations
- Testing electrical installations
- Preparation for inspection and testing: requirements, information required, statutory and non-statutory requirements, certification and documentation
- Inspection: items to be inspected, periodic inspection, extent and limitations and electrical safety
- Testing instrumentation, calibration and sequence of testing associated requirements
- IP code, parallel circui,t resistance installation testing: continuity of protector conductors; ring circuit continuity; insulation resistance penetration and flashover; electrical separation; special locations; polarity; earth loop impedance; earth electrode; RCD tests and prospective fault current
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- One evening per week for 8 weeks
- Candidates must have completed the 17th Edition Electrical Installation course to give you the basic understanding required
- If you are currently working in electrical testing a Certificate in Initial and Fundamental Inspection and Testing 2382 can help you update your skills to keep up with best practice.
English Proficiency Requirements:
- Progression within the electrical trade
- On completion you can move onto other electrical courses to widen your knowledge in other areas.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £515 Sighthill evening (year 1)