If you love watching videos on YouTube or listening to podcasts and want to know how to do that, and do it well, this short 18-week course is a great place to start. As modern technologies develop so fast, it’s hard to keep up and prepare yourself to work in the creative industries. Did you know that they make more money for the UK economy than almost any other area of work? And that job numbers are increasing every year?
If you want to make television programmes, radio programmes or be part of digital culture, this NPA will give you a basic grounding in audio, video and still images. You’ll be working in teams to create a variety of projects and start to build your portfolio. Successful completion of this course will allow you to progress to Level 5 study in our January start NPA Digital Media in the Creative Industries which is also 18 weeks.
- Digital Media: Audio
- Digital Media: Moving Images
- Digital Media: Still Images
- Creative Industries: Project Planning
- Introduction to Television & Film
- Creative Analysis
- Creative Industries Project
- You should already be working at SCQF Level 4 and have a proven interest in a broad range of Digital Media.
- You will be asked to complete an information form that gives us an idea of your creative interests and any portfolio/video work you may wish to submit.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Practical project work and written assignments.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- NPA Digital Media for the Creative Industries at SCQF Level 5 which is also an 18 week course starting in January
- Further study in the Creative Industries
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options