This short course will appeal to anyone who is keen on video
editing, possibly with a view to enhancing your content on
a YouTube channel, or to a video creator who wants to work in Visual
If you have a background in art or graphic design, this
course is a useful addition to your skillset.
Basic knowledge of computing is essential, and a
familiarity with Adobe Photoshop would be desirable.
It will provide a key insight into video post-production,
providing the basic knowledge that will enable you to generate visual FX,
introducing you to the different FX available, how the interface works and what
the tools are.
At this stage, we’re not saying you will produce Star Wars,
but that’s a general idea – how to create your own
world. By the end of this introductory course, you will have
produced your first project zooming through space to a location of your choice
using the After Effects Platform to generate the project
- 2d motion and animation
- Images and type
- After effects techniques for post-production
- An interest in video editing
- No previous qualifications or knowledge in video editing required
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- Following this short course, you can continue to improve your knowledge with an 18-week short course - Advanced After Effects starting in January
- Progression onto other Broadcast Media & Photography full-time or other short courses
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
- Evening class Thursday 6 pm - 8:30 pm starting on the 23 Jan 2020 and ending on 11 June 2020
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £210 Sighthill evening (year 1)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...