This short course will appeal to anyone who is keen on video editing, possibly with a view to enhancing your content on a YouTube channel, or to a video creator who wants to work in Visual Effects.
If you have a background in art or graphic design, this course is a useful addition to your skillset. It will provide a key insight into video post-production, providing the basic knowledge that will enable you to generate visual FX, introducing you to the different FX available, how the interface works and what the tools are.
At this stage, we’re not saying you will produce Star Wars, but that’s the general idea – how to create your own world. By the end of this introductory course, you will have produced your first project zooming through space to a location of your choice using the After Effects Platform to generate the project
- 2d motion and animation
- Images and type
- After effects techniques for post-production
Number of Days per week:
- Evening class Tuesdays 6pm - 8:30pm starting on the 27th August
- An interest in video editing
- No previous qualifications or knowledge in video editing required
Download our progression route map here
- Following this short course you can continue to improve your knowledge with an 18 week short course - Advanced After Effects starting in January.
- Progression onto other Broadcast Media & Photography full-time or other short courses
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £210 Sighthill evening (year 1) Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
This course will start on…
This course will end on...