THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
An FA in Creative Digital Media helps you discover what a career in Film, Media and TV would be like and if it`s right for you while you`re still at school. You’ll try different TV productions, Broadcasting and Video making roles, shadow experienced Camera Operators or do a video project. You`ll build the practical skills and experience you need to do the job well.
This is a 2-year course. In Year 1 pupils will complete a National Progression Award in Creative and Digital Media (SCQF level 6) at College attending 2 afternoons per week. In year 2 pupils will spend around 10 hours per week attending college and undertake an extended work placement with an employer to complete four units of the Diploma in Creative and Digital Media (SCQF level 7) and a media project.
- Camera Operations
- Sound Editing
- Industry related work experience either within the industry or within a realistic working environment
How Course Is Assessed:
- practical assignments and written work
Number of Days per week:
- Minimum 3 passes at SCQF level 5
- Strong communication and IT skills
- A good level of written and spoken English
- English proficiency requirement IELTS 5.5
- TV industry
English Proficiency Requirements:
- HND Audio Visual Technology
- HND Creative Industries TV (with Multi Camera)