THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
A Foundation Apprenticeship in Creative Digital Media gives you a unique insight into what a career in the broadcasting industry might be like. You’ll be involved in live TV production, video editing and a variety of important broadcasting roles. You’ll learn and develop skills vital to the industry and be instructed in the use of camera, sound and lighting equipment.
This is a 2-year course and students attend college for two afternoons per week. Year 1 pupils will complete a National Progression Award in Creative and Digital Media (SCQF level 6). In year 2, pupils will spend around 10 hours per week attending college and work placement. There will also be the chance to plan and produce an individual media project.
- Camera Operations
- Sound Editing
- Industry related work experience either within the industry or within a realistic working environment
- Achieved or working towards National 5 Maths and English
- Pupils should be working towards achieving one or two Highers over S5 and S6
- The ability to work towards an SCQF level 6 (Higher) qualification
- An interest in developing greater awareness of the industry or considering a career within the Creative Industries
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- practical assignments and written work
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HND Audio Visual Technology
- HND Creative Industries TV (with Multi Camera)
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day