This course is aimed at S5 and S6 pupils who have an
interest in working in the Creative Industries and wish to gain experience and
a qualification in this area while still at school.
The NPA in Film and Media will give you an insight into working in areas
such as film, publishing, TV, radio and the visual arts. The course
is made up of a mixture of practical and theoretical units. You’ll
have fun, learn new skills, explore different creative media and meet and work
with other like-minded young people. The qualification will support
applications to college or university courses in related subjects.
- Film and the Film Industry
- Content Development for Media
- Technical Skills for Media
- Storytelling for the Creative Industries
- An Introduction to the Media Industry
- Creative Project
- No formal entry requirements, though students will be
expected to demonstrate a good standard of written and spoken English.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in
and knowledge or experience of the film and media industries.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Written and practical
assignments and project work
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HNC in Creative Industries
- HNC Media and Communications
- Assistant camera operator
- Assistant Media Journalist
- Advertising Assistant
- Public relations
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day