This course is aimed at S5 and S6 pupils who have an
interest in working in the Creative Industries and wish to gain experience and
a qualification in this area while still at school.
The NPA in Film and Media will give you an insight into working in areas
such as film, publishing, TV, radio and the visual arts. The course
is made up of a mixture of practical and theoretical units. You’ll
have fun, learn new skills, explore different creative media and meet and work
with other like-minded young people. The qualification will support
applications to college or university courses in related subjects.
- Film and the Film Industry
- Feature Writing
- Storytelling for the Creative Industries
- An Introduction to the Media Industry
- Creative Project
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- No formal entry requirements, though students will be
expected to demonstrate a good standard of written and spoken English.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in
and knowledge or experience of the film and media industries.
- Applicants are required to complete a task in writing.
- Assistant camera operator
- Assistant Media Journalist
- Advertising Assistant
- Public relations
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- HNC/D in Creative Industries
- HNC Media and Communications