Do you have the creative potential to write, direct and produce for television? Do you have the technical curiosity to be able to adapt your skills to whatever form the medium will require in the future? If so, then this course is for you.
We provide instruction in the technical skills of camera and sound acquisition, lighting, editing, motion graphics and audio post production using HD and solid state equipment. You will learn to write and direct in a variety of genres and styles, both factual and dramatic. You will acquire skills of criticism and research that will give you a solid grounding for progression onto a university honours degree and employment. And you will produce a range of short programmes that will give you a practical understanding of television production and enable you to compile an impressive show-reel, one that will aid you in achieving your first steps into this dynamic and exciting industry.
The television industry is undergoing fast and dramatic changes not only in the technology of production and distribution but also in content creation and the very form of the medium itself. On the HND Creative Industries: Television course at Edinburgh College you will receive extensive and comprehensive instruction across the creative, technical and production aspects of the TV industry, gaining a solid grounding in the basic principles, that will enable you decide on a choice of career and to steer your way through this complex and demanding field no matter which way it develops.
- Cameras range from DVPro 25 to DX201 P2 and Sony based HD
- Post production based on AVID Media Composer workstations with dual screen interface and HDMI HD programme monitors and stereo audio monitoring
- Audio Post production carried out in a 5:1 Pyramix suite with PMC monitoring
How Course Is Assessed:
- Written practical and project work.
Number of Days per week:
- You will need to have 2 Highers or 3 units at Higher Level from digital media-related subjects as well as Communication and Numeracy at SCQF Level 5
- If you have relevant work and life experience we also welcome you to apply to attend interview
English Proficiency Requirements:
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Degree level studies at University (Year 3) in related studiesEmployment in the industry in roles such as director sound producer editor independent documentary producer or script writer
Progression RoutesDownload our progression route map here
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...