This is an Art and Design course specifically designed for students with additional support needs. This is a one day course at SCQF level 3 and allows the previous level, 2 students, to achieve at level 3 whilst still on a part time course. It is also ideal for new students who wish to study at level 3 but on a part time basis on a one day course.
You`ll gain a whole range of new skills and techniques in painting drawing sculpture printing 2D and 3D design. You`ll be supported by experienced professional artists to develop these skills being encouraged to look at the work of modern artists to develop essential research skills. You`ll also attend talks by experts and you`ll experience rewarding visits to art galleries too.
The aim of the course is to get you producing highly finished well presented imaginative artwork that allows you to show your individual personality and interests. Not only this you`ll also learn really valuable citizenship and employability skills by investigating environmental issues taking part in group work and producing an awareness-raising poster.
Another important aspect of this part time course is to expand life and communication skills to make sure you are really well-prepared for the next step of your education or employment including a whole range of fun art and design courses here at Edinburgh College. Past students have even sold their artwork to the public making your prospects truly exciting.
- The Creative Process
- Communication and Life Skills
Number of Days per week:
- This course is suitable for people with no formal qualifications or qualifications below standard grade level
- Show us previous artwork that demonstrates your interest and commitment
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with ideas and have sound communication skills
- This course is suitable for additional support and learning needs
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Applicants are invited to an informal interview to discuss their support needs and interest in Art and Design
- Either voluntary or paid employment with support from the Pathways team and Enable Scotland
- You may have the opportunity to attend job clubs Develop your art skills further by applying for a place on the full time course
- Application of Art and Design Skills at SCQF Level 3 SCQF Level 1-2 courses in other subject areas
Download our progression route map here
- Other part time or full time supported courses in Art and Design.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £653 Granton part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...