Introduction to Fashion and Textiles is an evening class taught once a week at Edinburgh College’s Granton campus. The course is designed for those interested in; fashion and textiles, starting a new hobby or pursuing a new career. You will need little to no experience in fashion and textile design as this course will start with the very basics.
During this course you will develop your artistic abilities and learn the techniques needed to construct basic garments and accessories. You will work in Edinburgh College school of art’s fashion and textile studio where you will receive training in sewing machines, garment construction, fabric dyeing, embroidery and embellishments. You will also learn pattern cutting which can lead to further design studies or employment in the fashion and textiles sector. This course will provide you with a portfolio that you can use in UCAS and further study applications to study an art and design course at a university level.
- No formal qualifications required but students should have an interest in fashion and textiles
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Course work is assessed through an SQA unit and portfolio submission
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- Previous evening class students have progressed onto our well recognised University of Arts London (UAL) Diplomas
- NCs and HNDs in similar subjects
- Various university courses
- Fashion or textile designer
- You can use your portfolio to approach employers in the fashion and textile industry to show examples of your work
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £306 Granton evening (year 1)
This course will start on…
- Thursday 10/09/2020
- Monday 14/09/2020
This course will end on...
- Thursday 03/12/2020
- Monday 14/12/2020