Introduction to Embroidery and Mixed Media Textiles is an evening class taught once a week at Edinburgh College’s Granton campus. The course is designed for those interested in; embroidery, starting a new hobby or pursuing a new career. You will need little to no embroidery and mixed media textiles experience as this course will start with the very basics.
During this course you will explore a variety of stitch and fabric embellishments to create a body of samples and textile-based artwork. Work created on these courses can support a portfolio of work for future course applications to specialist Art and Design courses, supporting school leavers or a career change. You will work in Edinburgh College school of art textile studios where you will be trained in; both hand and machine embroidery; heat transfer printing; basic weave and knit techniques. Here you will use a range of organic and synthetic paper, plastic, yarns and cloth to create final textile artworks.
- No formal qualifications required but students should have
an interest within the specialist area of Visual Art and Textiles working in 3D
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- There is no formal assessment for this course
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- Previous evening class students have progressed onto our well recognised University of Arts London (UAL) Diplomas
- NCs and HNDs in similar subjects
- Various university courses
- Employment within the creative industries
- One evening per week for 12 weeks
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £255 Granton evening
This course will start on…
This course will end on...